Monday, April 16, 2012

After the Storms

We had a very wild ride in Oklahoma this weekend. There's a Native American legend that says that our town proper will never be hit by a tornado. The tornado will always follow the river that runs south of town. Well, this has been true until Friday when a small tornado touched down in town and traveled across the central section doing a fair amount of damage. I was in the closet with my dogs, while my husband was sitting in his truck in the parking lot of the high school waiting to pick up our grandson. I was talking to him on the cell phone because my tv reception was down; I knew there was a tornado in the area and of course I was nervous. All of a sudden my husband said that the truck was beginning to rock violently; then his phone went dead. A few minutes later, the wind and rain began at our house. When I got him on the line again, he was okay. Later, we found out that the tornado went over him and the high school and touched down in the neighborhood just behind him. I don't think he ever wants to be up front and personal relationship with a tornado again. There was a lot of physical damage, but thank goodness, no lives were lost.

This litle 4" x 4" acrylic painting will probably turn into a larger painting at some point. If you are interested click on DailyPaintwords for purchasing information.

No comments: